Monday, November 19, 2007
chalet or xmas party?
seems like no one's replying to felicia's tag on the tagboard.. but just to ask again...
x'mas party, anyone?
please say yes!
Saturday, November 17, 2007
i've been reading a senior's blog, senior who is like urm, 7 years older than us.
they've been having class gatherings at wedding dinners, and he writes about how thankful he is for his JC class,
and for the fact that they're still this close.
so i've been wondering, if things would be the same this way for us, after all the talk and hope that it would be.
i think hwachong wouldn't have been the same for me without 75, so yeah thanks for all the good times :)
forever young.. i wanna be forever young.
Got sick of studying, so I started to flip through some of my photo albums.. and I found these very lovely pictures...
Those were the days...
Happy reminiscing... =)
Monday, November 12, 2007
To add reading content to the almost stagnant blog,
Answering Machine Messages
1. Sorry I can't get to the phone right now because my girlfriend and I are doing our favorite thing together. Personally I like doing it up and down, while she likes doing it side-to-side r-e-a-l slow… So I'll get back to you when we finish brushing our teeth.
2. “911 - What is your emergency?”
3. This is not an answering machine this is a telepathic thought-recording device. After the tone, think about your name, your reason for calling, and a number where I can reach you, and I’ll think about returning your call.
4. Hi! John’s answering machine is broken. This is his refrigerator. Please speak very slowly and I’ll stick your message to myself with one of these magnets.
5. Hi. This is John: If you are the phone company, I already sent the money. If you are my parents, please send money. If you are my financial aid institution, you didn’t lend me enough money. If you are my friends, you owe me money. If you are a female, don’t worry, I have plenty of money.
6. Hello. I’m home right now but cannot find the phone. Please leave a message and I will call you back as soon as I find it.
7. A is for academics, B is for beer. One of those reasons is why we’re not here. So leave a message.
8. Hi, I’m not home right now, but my answering machine is, so you can talk to it instead. Wait for the beep.
9. Please leave your name and number, and after I’ve doctored the tape, your message will implicate you in a federal crime and be brought to the attention of the FBI.
10. Please leave a beep at the message.
11. Please leave a message as soon as possible and I’ll get back to you at the sound of the tone.
12. You’re growing tired. Your eyelids are getting heavy. You feel very sleepy now. You are gradually losing your willpower and your ability to resist suggestions. When you hear the tone you will feel helplessly compelled to leave your name, number, and a message.
13. Greetings, you have reached the Sixth Sense Detective Agency. We know who you are and what you want, so at the sound of the tone, please hang up.
Two guys were taking chemistry at the University of Alabama. They were so confident going into the final that two days before, they decided to go up to the University of Tennessee and party with some friends. They had a great time. However, they overslept and didn't make it back to Alabama until the morning of the exam. Rather than take the final, they found their professor afterward to explain why they missed the final. They told him that they went up to the University of Tennessee for the weekend, and had planned to come back in time to study, but that they had a flat tire on the way back, and didn't have a spare, and couldn't get help for a long time, so they were late in getting back to campus. The professor thought this over and told them they could make up the final on the following day. The two guys were relieved. They studied that night and went in the next day for the final. The professor placed them in separate rooms, and handed each of them a test booklet and told them to begin. They looked at the first problem, which was worth 5 points. It was something simple. "Cool," they thought. "This is going to be easy." They did that problem and then turned the page. Question #2 said: "Which tire?" (95 Points).
It is advised that you come to work dressed according to your salary. If we see you wearing Prada Shoes and carrying a Gucci bag, we assume you are doing well financially and therefore do not need a raise. If you dress poorly, you need to learn to manage your money better, so that you may buy nicer clothes, and therefore you do not need a raise. If you dress just right, you are right where you need to be and therefore do not need a raise.
We will no longer accept a Doctor's statement as proof of sickness. If you are able to go to the doctor, you are able to come to work.
Each employee will recieve 104 personal days a year. They are called Saturday
This is no excuse for missing work. There is nothing you can do for dead friends,relatives or co-workers. Every effort should be made to have non-employees attend to the arrangements. In rare cases where employee involvement is necessary, the funeral should be scheduled in the late afternoon. We will be glad to allow you to work through your lunch hour and subsequently leave one hour early.
Entirely too much time is being spent in the toilet. There is now a strict three- minute time limit in the stalls. At the end of the three minutes, an alarm will sound, the toilet paper roll will retract, the stall door will open, and a picture will be taken. After your second offense, your picture will be posted on the company bulletin board under the "Chronic Offenders category". Anyone caught smiling in the picture will be sanctioned under the company's mental health policy.
Skinny people get 30 minutes for lunch, as they need to eat more, so that they can look healthy. Normal size people get 15 minutes for lunch to get a balanced meal to maintain their average figure. Chubby people get 5 minutes for lunch, because that's all the time needed to drink a Slim-Fast.
Thank you for your loyalty to our company. We are here to provide a positive employment experience. Therefore, all questions, comments, concerns, complaint's, frustrations, irritations, aggravations, insinuations, allegations, accusations, contemplations, consternation and input should be directed elsewhere.
Sunday, November 11, 2007
those were the times.
Hi guys :)
Recently I started listening to the older popular songs I have, and this was on my playlist.
It really reminded me of the time when the few of us (yahting, kegan, minyi? awyong? ) just sang away during some lab lesson.
Made me smile to myself on the MRT train hahahaha, so silly :$
流行主教 by JJ :)
jia you girls & 1 guy taking exams, those in NS take care, and those waiting for aussie, have fun =P